Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Style

It's been a while, but it's been work, domestic diva, work, domestic diva, work around here for quite some time. So outfits have been corporate or jeans and t-shirt. Tonight I went to the opening of the Perth gallery of Outre. One of my favourite artists of all time was featured. He was even there at the opening. But it was way too packed to get near him and I wouldn't have know what to say! "I heart your stuff man" just doesn't really cut the mustard with such a renowned artist such as Shag. His new work takes on a different concept. A series of original paintings (most of his work you can buy is limited edition prints, no less amazing I must add) that come with "The Inscrutable Mystery Guide". The guide deciphers the iconography of the each painting in the series. The idea behind it is only the people who own the paintings ever get to see what is in the guide. Inscrutable and intriguing. I'm dying to know what is in the guide, but with a $2000 price tag I can't see it happening soon. But we all need pipe dreams yes?
So with such a nice occasion to go to I got a little dressed up! Please excuse the poor photos, Marley, my nearly 4 year old wanted to get in on the action, I was a bit rushed!

I added a couple of photos with Marley as he absolutely loves the camera. He's right into the action whenever I pull the camera out!
Dress: Black Roses from Hurly Burly Clothing Perth
Fishnets: Micro Net from Target
Shoes: Burlesque Baby
Earrings: Dangerfield
Much Love
Miss Lau xoxox
PS I heart my coffee machine so much but rarely use it. It is as far from automatic as they come and I always think too hard! But this morning I just needed to fire that bad boy up! Check my latte! I so rock. Mwah! L

No comments:

Post a Comment