Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 9 - The Big Reveal

So my swap partner has her bracelet. I can finally show what I have been working on. The challenge was to make a bracelet using seed beads and the theme was inspired by art. I knew my swap partner liked  green but had no other information apart from wrist size. I was looking through my art book and found this, one of my favourite paintings.
Then the inspiration hit. The painting is called L'Absinthe. Perfect. Green. Green Fairy. This is the bracelet born of this.

Each wing is constructed from odd-count peyte stitch, then joined together. The centre is a Swarovski rivoli crystal, captured in seed beads and embellished with more Swarovski crystals. The clasp is a 12mm Swarovski round, and is just divine. I could imagine a whole necklace made of these. Here is another photo on a different angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment