Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 6 - A little behind

Ok, so I'm behind with my posts. Laziness and an attack from the black dog have taken over in the last two weeks. I have however been quietly working away on a project for a swap on the Beading Forum. I will post this once my swap partner has received it. The piece will be super special and I hope my swap partner likes it. I have challenged myself with a few new techniques and refined some others with new variations.
So there has been more glass tile madness afoot. I made a whole bunch and forgot to photo them before posting them off to their new owners - doh! But first I want to show you what else I have been playing with.

I purchased some of these pendant dishes from Beads Online. I don't have any resin, hmmmm, maybe Triple Thick Glaze will work? It says brush on?!? Hmmm, lets just dollop some in there and see what happens! It works, ok add a key charm to the next layer. It works, lets add some more layers! It works! But.....as you can see the glaze has reacted to the coating on the key charm and the copper has leached into the glaze surrounding it. *insert pout face here* I can see a resin purchase in the near future!These are fun to play with and the possibilites are endless! Stay tuned more disorganised creativness...

No comments:

Post a Comment